Master Data Management (MDM) provides your entire business with a single, clean and consistent view of your Master Data (relating to key entities such as customers, products or employees) and eliminates the common problems that can occur from managing this data across multiple sources.
For example, how many different systems in your business contain customer names, addresses and contacts? Do all of these systems use the same customer data? Can you get a single view of all your customers? These are just some of the challenges that an MDM Solution can help you with. We have skills in several Master Data Management implementations, including a solution for a client that provides a control mechanism for managing data hierarchies, attributes and member level security. We know MDM inside out!
Here is a summary of what MDM can do for you:
- No single, trusted source of the truth
- No dimension maintenance capability
- Maintenance of dimensions in the hands of IT, not the business
- Conflicting views of product, customer, location etc.
- Lack of data quality, e.g. duplicate customers
- Reliance on spread sheets or inflexible off-the-shelf systems for Master Data maintenance
- Multiple stakeholders for the same record
- No versioning or audit trail for Master Data
- Inability to enforce data stewardship processes
- Inconsistencies cost – mistakes, incorrect reports etc.
Address Master data challenges:
- Master data hub
- Master data platform
- Integrate information with people and systems
- Stewardship portal
- Stewardship process
Align to a single authoritative source:
- People: customers, vendors, sales people, employees, partners, patients
- Things: products, organisational units, recipes, parts, storage bins, documents
- Places: stores, wells, power lines, geo areas, warehouses
- Abstract: contracts, warranties, time, metrics, securities
- We deliver Master Data Management Solutions in isolation or as part of a broader Data Warehousing initiative.
Manage reference data related to:
If you would like to contact us to find out more about Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Solutions please call 1 (952) 997 7000.